Kaskazi House, Kizingoni Beach Lamu Island in Kenya, enjoys marvelous views of the stunning Lamu coast, bounded by landscaped gardens filled with coconut palms. It is creatively designed and sits back from the beach with magnificent views of the ocean. The house is named after the northerly monsoon wind which blows in the summer months, and which for thousands of years carried dhows to Lamu from India and Arabia, laden with treasure for trade.
The house is ideal for a family celebrations or group get together. One can stroll along the unspoiled sandy beach at sunrise or sunset watching dhows sailing
The house has four towers built around an elevated sixteen metre infinity pool. Two front towers house 4 spacious bedrooms, and the back 2 towers houses the communal areas, kitchen and the sumptuous master bedroom, with its star- gazing bathtub and outside shower.
There are shady makuti-covered terraces run between the 4 areas, offering privacy for the pool area, at the same time allowing the breeze to blow through and gently sway the hanging beds.
The house has entertainment areas, with a welcoming bar and baraza seating area by the entrance, it has a large lower dining area, rooftop dining/recreation area and plenty of room around the pool for relaxing and dining under the stars.
- Double Bedrooms en-suite: Four
- Double Bedroom with shared bathroom: one
- Triple bedrooms ensuite: one
- Single bedroom with shared bathroom: one
- Dining areas: 2; upper dining terrace with separate kitchen staircase and lower dining terrace
- Massage area
- Swinging beds: six
- Baraza areas: 4; rooftop, 2 areas around the pool, and 1 on beach.
- 16m infinity pool
- Guest/pool changing room
- Office/TV room with DSTV
- Solar hot water Large planted garden of 1.5 acres (0.6 hectares) with established coconut trees
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Laundry room
- Powered by wind turbine and solar panels
• Boat Safaris
• Water Sports
• Restaurants and Bars
• Parties and Weddings
• Mainland Safari